Saturday, May 9, 2009

I am not my Hair!! nor my Breast Cancer!

As we all know, when a person starts chemo treatments, the most common side effect is hair loss. And I'm not exception to the rule. With my first treatment, nothing really changed appearance wise. I looked as Fabulous as can be, as least when I was woke. lol. But with the second round of treatments, a day or so later I was brushing my hair, and it was coming out in clumps.

I was a little bummed out at first, but I knew it was coming. I had kinda prepared my self for it mentally. Because I knew it was going to happen. So the next day, I decided to go ahead and cut it off. I went into the bathroom grabbed the scissors, and started cutting. Then I asked my supportive husband to assist me. He got out the clippers and cut away. I almost cried, but I held it in.

I mean I'm Fabulous I can ROCK a bald head. let me say that again I mean I'm Fabulous I can ROCK a bald head. I always wanted to cut it off, but my husband wouldn't approve. Granted I wouldn't went all the way bald, but it would have been really short though.


So now that is all off, I feel kinda liberated, like I don't have to prove anything anymore. ( I feel like I need a hat, because my head cold, but that's another story). As a women, if you can rock a bald head out in the world and still feel Fabulous, you're pretty much the BOMB.. lol....at least I am!!










5 comments:

  1. omg. u look pretty. i dont think i wouldve been that brave.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look beautiful! You truly are fabulous and courageous too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look absolutely gorgeous! May God bless and keep you safe as you embark on your journey.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have often thought what would I look like bald. I think I would look ok. But, when I saw your pictures, I said to myself..."self, I don't think you would look THAT good". Ms. Miko you look gorgeous!! Way to go, by not letting the loss of your hair take you down. Cancer won't beat you and you certainly won't be beaten by hair loss. You ROCK that bald head (it's kinda sexy too)!

    ReplyDelete