Saturday, May 16, 2009

The People We Meet.

Last night one of my bestest friends invited me over for game night. At first I wasn't going because I didn't have a sitter, but then she said I could bring the baby so I had no excuse. Plus I was feeling fine, and we always have a gang of laughs at game night.

We started out playing spades, we didn't win, but we talk shit like we did..lol

Then we played this game called "What is yours like?" (get your mind out the gutta it's not that kind of game). But it was made up by some of her drunk friends. It was fun to.

So after the games and whole lotta shit talking, we kinda of settled down. Some people left some stayed. So this lady Ms. Deborah and her daughter Ebony attended the shindig. I've never met these people before. But OMG! I'm so glad I came, because they are some of the most down to earth, people and I'm glad I met them. I've met people before, but not like this. Have you ever met somebody and it felt like you needed to meet them, to restore the way you view people. I say that because I'm at a point in my life, where I just want to be around positive people, spiritual people, open minded people, people who can say what' s on their mind, people who like to have fun. People I can be myself around. I don't want to have to worry about if I crack a joke, it they will be mad at me tomorrow. And Ms. Deborah and Ebony are these kind of people. I'm so glad I met them.

And last night before we gathered our things and parted ways. I had a talk with Ms. Deborah, I don't even know how it got started. But it got personal real quick. We briefly talked about my breast cancer, My husband, her husband, my sister, her siblings, her dad, my dad, our kids, and she gave me some great advice.

One thing she said to me was, Learn to Forgive, and move one happily. Now I've been told before to learn how to forgive. But to move on happily, I'm still learning that one.

Thank you Ms Deborah, I didn't even know I needed that talk. I will see you at church in 2 Sundays!

3 comments:

  1. In life there are no coincidences!! We are simply traveling the path which was laid out for us, and Ms. Deborah was supposed to be on that path at that particular time. Things happen for a reason!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad that you have great people to be around you and encourage you.....Stay positive and stay strong...Luv ya

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're the one that blessed me by allowing us to have the time to share. There is so much more that I would love to share with you!!! I pray we cross paths again very soon. I too am a victor over cancer. Daddy-God healed me for such a time as this. rabydeborah@hotmail.com contact me. I love you!!!!

    ReplyDelete