Sunday, September 20, 2009

Physical Therapy

Last week I went to see the physical therapist, I am at risk of getting lymphedema, because when I had surgery they had to remove some of my lymph nodes under my arm. And I have trouble lifting my left arm over my head due to the surgery.

The physical therapist name was Nici (Nicky). She was nice, and very informative. She showed me some exercises to do, in order to help reduce the risk of getting Lymphedema. Apparently there is no cure for it, if it develops you just have to manage it. I have to do these exercises everyday, well I'm suppose to do them everyday. But of course I don't because I'm hard headed. I'm thinking of making a weekly apt with the physical therapist, I believe that would make me more disciplined at doing the exercises.

I hope that I don't develop Lymphedema. And I will do my exercises more, whether I make a weekly apt or not. at least I'm going to make a effort to. I know it's the best thing for me, and I need the range of motion in my arm.

No comments:

Post a Comment