Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Prosthetics....

On yesterday, I had a meeting with the lady who handles the Prosthetic breast cases for the hospital. Her name is Nancy. So we (my husband and I) meet with her. And She is going over some personal information . Then she proceeds to show me and have me try on some bras and some prosthetic breast. I'm looking all cute, and feeling cute, cause I haven't had on a bra in a while, and wow these look like real breast with the bra on. So I'm kinda feeling myself...lol...

Then she asks about my insurance, I tell her I have Blue Cross Blue Shield of Minnesota. Then her whole conversation changes. Now all of a sudden she doesn't have the bra that would look good on me. Which was ok, because the last one I tried on looked like a grandmother bra. (and I definitely didn't want that one). So at first I thought she was being shady because of my insurance. But then she began to tell me about these custom made breast forms, that I could get and my insurance would cover them. She said they would make a mode of my body, and custom fit them just for me, and they will be the same color of my body, and you can put moles on them, or they can show veins, or whatever else you wanted (I should have asked if I could get them tattooed..lol) any way she just hyped them up so much. She stated I would have to come into her shop to get them, IF that's what I wanted to do. now I never said yes or no I just listened. Then here comes the kicker she said they are 3500.00 a boob. WTF 7G's for some plastic boobs, that's alot I don't care even it the insurance will cover it. So then after she talked about these expensive ass breast, she told me to think about it, and she would order the bra's and call me when they were in.

Ok so today I get a call from Linda who works for Nancy, and on my voice mail, she tells me they have the bra's in store and they checked on my insurance to call her back. I call back and talk to Linda, she told me my insurance will cover everything 100%. I can get as many bra's as needed and there's no limit on my prosthetic breast. I'm like oh ok. Then she said Nancy wanted to talk to me, so I'm on hold...then Linda comes back and said. "We was wondering if you decided to go with the custom forms, because it takes about 2 hours to get fitted for them, or did you want to just use what we had in the store". I told Linda I decided against the custom forms. she was like "Ok. That's fine, we have forms in store you can choose from". Then she puts me back on on hold for Nancy. Then Linda comes back and says "Nancy said she will order you new bra's and she will call you when they come in" and got off the phone.

My reasons for not getting the customs forms you ask? Because I don't want to have to wait for them, I've been without breast for a while, and I want them when I leave the store. My surgeon told my me chest wall may flatten out more, and if that happens my custom fit forms won't fit properly anymore. and 7G's is just to damn much to pay for them..no matter who is picking up the tab....

Now I'm like Hold on, I know Linda said on my voice mail that they had the bra's in store. Why couldn't I just use them. And why didn't she speak with me, Is she mad because I decided against the customs forms, and she won't get 7G's from my insurance company. Because that's what it seems like to me. Now I feel like just going to a whole different shop. Matter of fact I will be going to talk to the shop around the corner from my house tomorrow.....Hopefully they take my insurance and they won't trip if I don't want the most expensive breast forms in the store....

P.S.

I'm no longer taking donations to help with the purchase of my breast forms, My insurance is covering the cost up front. But still feel free to donate if you wish...

Smooches!
Miko.

No comments:

Post a Comment