Sunday, October 17, 2010

Black Women and Our Relationship Status....

Ok I have been going back and forth on whether I should touch this topic, because I posted a couple of links on my facebook page, (I'll get into them later in this post) and it got way out of hand, people were calling names, and or getting offended. So like I said I've been going back and forth and I decided on doing so because, I'm a Black Women and this is my BLOG, and you don't like what I say then Whatever this is Me...but your comments are welcome...lol

So about 2 weeks or so ago I posted these 2 stories on my blog. Now I didn't write these I just came across them via Madam Noire, it's a site I visit frequently now.

The first one was 8 reasons you might consider dating a white man, and it was interesting how people see things, and then the next day I posted 8 reasons you might consider dating a white woman, and OMG it really got out of hand, I'm not gonna go all into what was said but if you want to see, you can find it in my links section on my facebook page. But now that I go back and read the comments it seemed like no one actually read the article. DUH! Because if they did, I think the whole conversation, would have went a whole different way, (hmmm maybe but who knows)...because both the articles were degrading to BLACK PEOPLE nobody else...and if you decide to read allll those post keep in mind, I did delete a couple to try to keep confusion down, but apparently that didn't...

Since these controversial post, I have been searching the net, and the more I search the more I get irritated, because there are numerous articles out there, that ask some kind of question to why Black women are not married, why black men don't want us, Have we given up on black men, and so forth..

So Before I get into what I have to say, This is my Disclaimer

These are MY views, and I've only dated black men so that's all I can speak on. I know there are a lot of people who believe that Love knows no color, and that's just fine, but mine does and my love's color of choice is BLACK!

ok now that that's out the way...

Why are they (whomever they are) so damn worried and or concern about Black Women and our Relationship Status. Why is it every body's business who and or when we decid to date...

First off there is the misconception of women especially black women that we all want to be married, FYI that shit ain't true, some of us do, some of us are and are married to black men, some of us are married to man of a different race, and some of us love the single life. How hard is that to understand.

All black women have not been hurt to a point where we are bitter, demanding and vindictive... now there are some out there, but also there are some in other races too..you do know that we are also sweet, innocent, respectful and knows how to handle things, yes it's true...

All Black women don't have kids out of wedlock, Let me say that again, All black women DO NOT have kids out of wedlock...and while I'm on this let also add some of us have only 1 baby Daddy, so please stop acting like it's unheard of...and best believe for as many single black mothers, there are just as many in other races too..

All Black women DO NOT date thugs, yeah it's true, we are not all attracted to the thug life, some of us are, but some us like white collar workers, blue collar workers, with or with out benefits...

and Oh yeah A lot of us do Believe in Black Love, yep I said it, A LOT OF US DO BELIEVE IN BLACK LOVE....and it DOES EXIST! and it has not just come into play, I mean where in the hell do you think all these black people came from, we did not fall out the fucking sky, we were not created in a damn Lab, we got here the same way all the other races got here, from our parents (yes we have parents) having sex and we came out of our Mother's Coochie....

Oh and my most favorite, Why Black Men don't want Black Women, now this is kinda funny, why you ask, is because How can you not want us, We are so powerful, strong, and Confident on top of being Beautiful. That's how we were born, and over the years of being mistreated by the media, and other races, and men, we continue to be Strong and Confident in who we are, Even though we are put down by other black women, by black men, by all other races, we still continue to be Strong and Confident, and Beautiful..

So I say to this to my Beautiful Black Sisters, with your big lips, nappy hair, big butts, big titties, your light, medium, or dark skin, Fuck what people say and think about you, Keep Doing what You do, Because you do it oh so well...

AND these so called new slogans like MY Black is Beautiful, and Black girls Rock...Let me say this, Black has been Beautiful for years, and will continue to be, and we did not just start Rocking...Where have you been???

5 comments:

  1. Well, first off, I hope this blog doesn't get as out of hand as the FB post got. One of my friends said she had a white co-worker ask her why so many black men are in prison. I lost it when she posted a question on what we would say. But her comment to that woman that the notion was media based and she didn't even consider it to be true, because according to the media she doesn't exist because she came from a 2 parent home. With college educated parents...The white woman had nothing to say...there was nothing to say. If we believe what the media says about us, neither you or I would exist. We are happily married to BLACK men...according to most articles, that never happens. The articles try to show rappers, athletes, and Hollywood actors as examples. Black ppl make up 13% of this country, those 1000 people cannot represent ALL black men's preferences. In fact, those ppl are small statistics themselves. Therefore, I don't (try not to) play into those bullshit ass articles. I know black love exists AND I know that black men don't hate black women. And as for the ones that date outside their race...more power to them. They want that headache and to answer the question as to why, it's their life. I ain't sleeping with them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love ur blog, ur attitude, ur views on life...i am glad u friended me on FB...u r inspiring me & helping me daily.
    keep being fine,fabulous,fierce,a fighter!!!
    Oh yeah, i agree with the comments in this blog.
    (fyi, switch the 'i' & the 'e' around in their in your title) :) lol
    keep me posted...i read all ur blogs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Miz Meka, oh it won't get out of hand, my blog is a lot more personal to me than facebook, and I will ban people...

    Also I hate when people asks the question why are there so many black men in prison, um nobody knows the answer because there are many reasons why people not just black men are in jail..that just shows how stupid people can be..

    and thanks so much for your comment,

    ReplyDelete
  4. D Rich good looking out on the title, my husband usually points those things out, so I just changed the their to us...

    Thank you for accepting my friend request on Facebook, and thank you for reading...much love to you..

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to say that I appreciate all of your blogs especially this one! Although I was raised to Ignor the Ignorance it's just a shame that this subject is still a issue. I am a Black Single Woman! I am also a parent. I love BLACK and it irritates me to read or hear ignorance that talks down on my race! I worked In a prison and guess what... the majority of the men in that prison was white! Now I am not prejudice of any race due to my family being a mix of everything. What those people dont understand is that every question they have for Black people we have the same if not more for their race!

    Keep up the great job Ms. Miko

    ReplyDelete