Sunday, October 17, 2010

This Brought Me To Tears...

When I came across this story, just the title alone "4yr old Battle Breast Cancer" brought tears to my eyes, and I just kept thing, Oh My she is a Breast Cancer Survivor at 4 yrs old, and people always say to me oh you're young, Breast Cancer is usually found in older women. Well at 4yrs old I am the older woman at age 37.

Now I know that their are kids that have many types of Cancer. And they undergo Chemotherapy, and all the effects that go with that, and that even is also touching to me, because I know first hand how Chemotherapy can effect you, mentally and physically, and to think of a child going thru is really saddens me.


Fortunately in this case this little 4yr old girl didn't need to undergo Chemotherapy, but she did have to have a mastectomy and have some of her lymph nodes removed. Now think 4 yrs old and having to have your breast or breast tissue, cause at 4 YOU DON'T EVEN HAVE BREAST YET!!! So do you really know what it means to this little princess, that she will never grow a breast on that side. Let me say that again, she will never be able to grow a breast on that side...OMG I'm in tears just thinking about that, can you imagine that, of yourself, or your daughter. As young girls that' a right of passage, some of us can barely even wait until our breast start to grow.

OK now that I've read about Aleshia Hunter (that's her name) I started to google children with Breast Cancer, and I came across some shocking stories, about young girls being breast Cancer survivors.

So my question is, even though it is rare for a child to get Breast Cancer, but it's not unheard of, why is it that they won't allow women to get Mammograms until age 40? hmmmm something to think about, well I will look into that and get back with you.


Now not only do you need to do your monthly self breast exams,
but you need to check your daughter's breast too.

Ladies this is real
Cancer can Kill
If you have Breast Tissue YOU ARE AT RISK!

Early Detection is key to your survival
Please, Please be aware of what goes on with your and your child(ren)'s bodies.

1 comment:

  1. *tears* and smiles...God is good and works in wonderful, mysterious ways! That was so touching.
    This year my aunt lost her LONG battle with breast cancer, she was 51. My friend is a survivor, she is 41. My customer is a survivor...she has changed her eating/life style habits and talks to EVERYONE about it!
    But to imagine the strength that a child & parent must have to go through the battle...helps my love for God, my family, and life grow! thank you for this story!

    ReplyDelete