Wednesday, December 26, 2012

December 26, 2012

It's the Day after Christmas.... So of course yesterday was Christmas... Christmas 2012 and it was Me, My Husband, My Daughter and My Mom (who I haven't seen for Christmas since December 1996) so it was nice to have her here with my family... and the only person that was missing was My Son (he's encarcerated :-/).

Our Day started at about 6:30 am when the Princess woke up, excited and ready to open gifts... We got out the bed and (me, the hubs and mom) and met in the Living Room, and proceeded to go thru gift after, gift after gift.. (most of them were for the Princess) ..

And after all the gifts were open and everbody looked over the things they've gotten.. the excitement of Christmas was kinda over...I know Christmas is not just about giving gifts... It's also about Family... And When you have a small family, and lives in a town with no other family members... Holidays gets, well becomes routine...

Yeah my mom was there, but it's still just felt kinda like any other day...after the present's everything dies down. I miss the whole family aspect of Holidays... with cousins, aunts, uncles and family friends, that may come by and have dinner and just talk and reminise about things we used to do, or just how our lives are going with the kids, work etc...

We don't have that, and we haven't had that in years... Sometimes I wish I would've had more kids. So My kids could enjoy the whole big family thing... not just on holidays but all the time... and as they get older and have kids, the family would just keep growning and getting bigger...hmmmm but then I think, she has never had that, so is she missing out or is it me missing it...

I'm sure this feeling will pass, once the Holiday Season is over. But I'm pretty sure it will come back with each Holiday....

No comments:

Post a Comment