Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Last Night was kinda rough...

.... for me, I had this fluid in my chest where my breast use to be. Since I don't have the drain tubes in, the fluid is sitting there. The Dr warned me this might happen, and that if it gets to full I will have to get it drained out with a needle. And trust me when I say it was too full, it almost looked like I was growing a boob. And it was sore, and hard, and uncomfortable. And it seemed like it flared up over night. Well more like on Friday, and of course it would do it then, knowing my Dr. wouldn't be in the office until today because of he holiday UGH!, so I just suffered thru it all weekend it. And I slept just fine up until last night. I tossed and turned, woke the hubs up and everything. And he's so sweet he didn't complain one bit.

So I went into see Barb, the Dr's asst. And she hooked me up. She seen what was going on and said, "Oh I can handle that".

Man when I tell you the needle she pulled out was big as hell. But then she said, "I'm gonna stick in where it's numb, where the incision is"..... Now mind you she never asked me if I was numb. But baby I felt it when she stuck that bad boy in. I didn't scream but I jumped and she "oh did you feel that". I'm thinking hell yeah I felt that. Then she proceeded to move the needle around under my skin until she reached the pocket as she called it. And then OMG! there was so much fluid, and as the fluid was coming out I could see my chest deflate. And it started to feel so much better. Now hopefully I will get some sleep tonight.

Barb said that I will prob be back, because she belives more fluid will get trapped. Go figure!

No comments:

Post a Comment