Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Radiation Therapy...

Today was day 3 for my radiation therapy. I have to go to radiation therapy everyday Monday thru Friday at 9:45 from now until 10/31/09, for a total of 35 treatments. What happens at radiation therapy you ask? Well I go in, get undressed from the waist up. and sit in the waiting room for about ummmm 30 seconds...then the nurse/tech comes to get me...and I lay on this table with a sheet on it...(like if you lay on your dinner table with a bed sheet on it) this thing is so uncomfortable. I lay on it and my head in my mold with my left hand above my head. The nurse/tech positions puts me in the right position. She lines up the tattooed dots on my body with the radiation machine. Then they leave the room. and the machine starts to rotate and radiate. I feel nothing, they change something on the machine and leaves the room again. Then the machine starts to rotate and radiate. I feel nothing...and then it's over...Yeah it takes about 10 minutes 20 tops. I mean I'm in and out of there with in 35 minutes total...

Ok this is my big gripe, how come everytime I get on the table, and they tell me to lay still. something starts to itch, my nose, my face, my arm, or my leg...and I can't touch it...UGH!

One thing I'm happy about is that it's way easier than chemo...Hell surgery was easier than Chemo...but I still don't like going. I mean every single day. What if I'm sick, can I call in even though I do it at the hospital. I think I'm just tired of going to the Dr. This is how you know you've been going to much. When you walk in and they know you by name, and they check you in when you walk in the door, and 12 months ago they had no idea who you were.....

But I guess it could be worst.....

No comments:

Post a Comment