Sunday, January 23, 2011

January 21, 2011....

Anybody who knows me, know that I LOVE BIRTHDAYS, especially mine. So with that said, my 38th birthday was 01/21/11, and I have been talking it up all month, because January is MY Birthday Month! and it's like this every single year, and has been for years!!!!!!

For those who don't know let me kinda give you an idea on how big this is for me, When the New Year comes in, that's when I start, I tell any and everybody who will listen it's My Birthday Month, my family, my co workers, people on the street, people at the mall (cause I'm usually at the mall shopping cause it's my Birthday Month). I change my phone ringer to some kind of birthday song, if somebody does something I don't like or agree with, my response is "Do they know it's my birthday month...lol and so forth so you kinda get the pic, my birthday is a big deal round these parts...

Now this Birthday was special to me because, in the last 2 yrs I have been thru so much, with Cancer, Chemo, Radiation, 2 major major surgeries and another lighter surgery, AND I got shot in Sept 2010. So it's a blessing to be here to even celebrate this birthday, I could have died from Cancer, bled to death in any one of my surgeries, caught an infection, or been shot dead....

For my birthday I usually kick it every weekend in January, but this year I decided not to, and there are others I know who also share this birthday month, so I did their thing with them on their day...but that's not unusual for me cause I love birthdays no matter who they belong too...I'll come kick with you for your birthday...

ok so My Birthday was on a Friday 1/21/11, I didn't work, We took my daughter and niece to breakfast before school, I had a massage, the hubs and I went to lunch, and friend of mine met us there. I did a little shopping, I collected some gifts, people were texting me, So many people post Happy Birthday on Facebook wall I couldn't even keep up...The day was just Fabulous just like me, I'm smiling it's my Birthday why wouldn't I smile, I was going out that night I had a new fit, man just Wonderful...Shit it's my Birthday...

Well it was going good for the most part, the first venue we went to it was a concert of local artist doing a cancer benefit, Of course I’m going it’s My Birthday and I’m a Cancer Survivor. But one my closet friends/sister told me she wasn't going to be able to make it, so I was bummed out by that but I kept it rolling…My husband was going, and 2 of my other friends, and one of these friends is the best friend/sister, so I’m good, right??? I’m ready to kick it…the hubs, the BF and myself arrive about 7:45, my other friend gets there about 8. The vibe of the place is good me and the friend (not the BF) we dancing, drinking taking pics, my husband is in too the vibe, everybody BUT the BF. She is sitting in a Chair texting or whatever all night I might add. So I don’t say nothing I’m still doing my thing,..they have a presentation for the Survivors that’s at the event (not me) but I’m cool with that…but my friend wasn’t,(again not the best friend - Does she know it's my Birthday???) she told the host of the event that is was my birthday and I was a Cancer survivor so he announced that, and called me up on stage to dance, do you know the BF did not move out of the chair, now I’m getting my dougie on for about 5-7 mins, she took no pics or nothing, how you not take a pic of the Birthday girl....now is it me or should that have been all over Facebook???

But the friend took pics and video all night, and even the couple pics the BF is in, she is in this damn chair, and I had to go over to her…Did she know it was my birthday??? Maybe she didn’t, hmph…but anyways that’s kinda how that part of the night played out, oh and let me say that we were there until 10:00 pm, and she was in the chair the whole time..….. I did enjoy myself though, I just wished the person who is Supposed to be the BF would have acted like she wanted to be there…I guess she came just say she was there…whateva Dude…

So the second venue we went to was this restaurant/bar. My Close Friend/Sister who didn’t or couldn’t make the first venue showed up there. And my daughter’s God Mother came, but I knew she was gonna be late…and one my husband’s co workers came. We talking good shit eating an drinking, at least most of us…I kinda got an attitude from what happened at the last venue but I don’t act like it cause it’s my Birthday and I want to kick it…so I lose the attitude and enjoy the festivities…I’m looking at my gifts and just having a good ole time…and then again, I get disappointed, I knew my daughter’s god mother would leave early she always leave early when we go out, she was giving my friend a ride home so she left early also around 1….Now I was expecting my 2 sisters to stay til close, which is 2 am. But they left at 1 too, Oh WOW ain’t that some shit???…Did they know it was my birthday??? Any other time they would have stayed. Because we’ve done it many, many times before...but it's cool oh trust me when I say it's cool... OHHHHH did I need to mention the friend I just met her on Halloween 2010 and she caught a cab in -20 weather to come kick it with me for My Birthday. riiiiggghhht!

Now I know things come up, family, money issues, you know life etc, but the person I am I would have made sure I had the means to be available to them on their birthdays especially the people I call my sisters...

No comments:

Post a Comment