Thursday, February 3, 2011

I Got Me a Therapist.

Well I have been going back and forth on if I should or should not go and talk with a Therapist, and I did, tonight was my first session of many..lol. but for real of many..I think I'm gonna like Ms. Rosella (that's her name) she's down to earth, brown and her spirit is beautiful...

Yeah this will be good for me, why you ask, well I have a lot of unresolved issues with my mom, and my sister, and whew these people I call friends, and whole bunch of other things and people and since the common denominator is me, then I need to work on Me. I know, I know I hide it so well...lol

Also for my daughter, I want to be the best mom I can be to her, and how can I build a wonderful relationship with my daughter when I have issues with my own mom...or how can I teach her how to pick friends when I'm not doing a good job of it myself...

Well we will see how this unfolds...I think it will be good for me...

and I know I will be just fine...I'm way to Fabulous not to be... ~_~

3 comments:

  1. This is a Wonderful thing for you!
    Proves that you are open and willing to work on steps in a positive direction. I believe in having open-ended converstions with others that dont necessary hold ties to my immediate life. Rather it be a Therapist..or even sometimes a bartender (j/k)
    Well Done !! Proud of You :)

    ~ Carm ~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Several years back I made the same choice. Now when I am at a cross roads, it is not even a question. It just helps.
    But it helped me so much. I was stagnant before I went. All of my past hangups were holding me back from being the me that I needed and wanted to be. It was one of the ABSOLUTE BEST decisions I've ever made. Girl, I let go of all that baggage and stop (subconsciously?) blaming myself for bad relationships with my family, friends, past loves...I learned how to get rid of the guilt, hurt, and disappointment that I harbored and accept the situation for what it was. Now I can let go of unhealthy relationships or deal with people on the level that they deal with me...therapy taught me that I didn't need to be the strongest and have a reason for why things happen. I just needed to learn to deal with it & move on...phew...I am on here like it's my blog...But you know I'm feeling ya! Good luck girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you ladies for the wonderful feed back.

    @Carm I might just try the bartender too...lol

    @ TT, girl I got so many pent up emotions, I knew this was the only way to get them sorted out...

    ReplyDelete