Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Bone Marrow

OUCH!!! is all I can say.

It started out as a good day, I felt fine. I took the kids to school, came home, got some mid day nookie (that was the BOMB diggity I might add) and then about an hour or so later. My body began to ache.
At first I thought I was just sitting down to long, since I was on the computer.

Then it dawned on me, last week when I got my neulasta shot to help my white blood cells, and to help my body produce bone marrow. The nurse informed that my bones may or may not ache. She told me that bone marrow is produced in your larger bones, like your spine, sternum, pelvic and thigh bones. And my aches were all in my pelvic area. I mean when I walked, sat down, lay down, just hurt.

Well not exactly hurt, but it was very uncomfortable, very uncomfortable. (Ouch!).

The good thing is that I am able to take Tylenol, and I've been popping those babies like sweet tarts! So now it's later in the day and the Tylenol has kicked in real nice, I'm not uncomfortable, I feel just fine.

2 comments:

  1. Awww, I'm sitting here in tears reading your blog, not because I feel sorry for you but because you are STRONG. And it's so nice for you to share your story with us. My grandmother had breast cancer 3 years ago and she went thru radiation, but I never thought about how deep the treatments for somewho who did chemo. All I actually thought about is the nasuea and the loosing the hair part! Keep your head up and make sure you walk in with your bestest outfit on and walk out of there knowing you're going to get thru this.

    BTW, I cut my hair off last year and donated it to the charity place for black women who's battling hair loss from cancer!

    Love Tan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tylenol...would that be regular tylenol or with some other additive in it which would make it "super tylenol" lol

    ReplyDelete