Saturday, May 2, 2009

The 5 Senses

Do you know how blessed you are, if you have all five of your senses? I know sometimes we take it for granted, because it seems not to be all that special.......until one of them is not working, whether temporally or permanent. I mean if you woke up and couldn't see, you would go into a panic, or what about if you couldn't hear. How would you deal with that? Like I said we take it for granted.

Well let me tell you something that has happened to me since I've started Chemo. My taste buds are not working. My nurse told me things would taste different, and I might get mouth sores. But it was never stated that I wouldn't be able to taste anything (and I did get mouth sores).

I have been eating, or trying to eat food but it's all bland. I don't care if it's salty, sweet, sour or anything else. It all taste bland. And on top of that, I have to use medicated mouthwash, called Magic Mouthwash which has lidocaine in it. And it makes my mouth numb for about 5 minutes. It's been almost 2 weeks since my chemo treatment. And I'm just now starting to taste my food. All this time I've just been eating stuff cause it looks good, not by how it taste. But the bad part about it is, by the time I my taste buds kick back in, I will be going back to Chemo.

So do me a favor, next time you are Thanking God for all he has done for you. Remember to thank him for your 5 senses......



Ms. Miko

I have no time to feel sorry for myself. I'm to busy Fighting...

www.thebreastcancersite.com
www.thisistheribbon.org

2 comments:

  1. Shaunise Darden5/4/09, 6:38 AM

    I will definitely thank God for my 5 senses...your right we do take it for granted. I think that since you can't taste anything you should eat stuff that is healthy for you and that you normally don't eat....Love you

    Shaunise

    ReplyDelete
  2. I realized that about 5 years ago when I started "squinting" to read...that really hurt and surprised me. I had to get glasses and when I don't have them on, I forget I can't see until I am squinting so hard my head starts to hurt. Now, I have to get in the habit of bringing them with me, so I have one pair at work (the good pair), one pair at home (the not-so-good pair) and one in the car (for emergencies like reading the menu at a restaurant)!! So, yes I thank God for all of my senses. Hang in there kid, love ya

    ReplyDelete