Wednesday, April 22, 2009

First Chemo Treatment


I arrive at the hospital about 9:15 or so, for my 9:30 Chemo appointment. I was very uncooperative to my very supportive husband. I know I said I walk in with my head up, but instead I stomped my feet like a 5 yr old. I swear out of all the things I never wanted to do, Chemotherapy had to be at the top of that list. So I sucked it up and finally walked in, looking Fabulous of course! Shoes and all....



Before I could start my Chemo I had to get a ultrasound on my unaffected breast to make sure, there wasn't any lumps in there. Which kind of puzzled me, because I took the PET Scan, that takes a picture of my whole entire body, A MRI that took pics of both my breast, and I had a Mammogram that hurt like hell. After all that I still needed a ultrasound, but I'm not complaining :) better safe than sorry, Right?

Finally my husband and I are in the chemo room. I'm getting myself ready to get hooked up with the meds. I take a moment and talk to GOD. We're waiting on the nurse, her name is Patrice, and she's really nice, (nurses should be nice). So she comes over explains some stuff, before she starts my IV.

Ok here comes the IV, and MAN it hurt like hell, it was put in my hand and not my arm, (did she know there is more meat on my arm. And guess what, I did shed a couple of tears, ( I don't really like needles, even though I have 4 holes in each ear, my tongue pierced and 2 tattoos :D).

Ms. Patricia my nurse, started the drugs, some first the Cytoxan, then 2 doses of Adriamoycin,(and guess what my husbands name is Adrian, Ironic hmmm). Along with some anti nauseated medicine. Now the Adriamoycin is Red and it turn your urine Red, just nasty. But all in all I felt fine. And have to be back today for nulastin shot, to hep my immune system produce more white blood cells.

When we left the hospital, we got a little something to eat at Sonic, (if your town has a Sonic, try the lemon berry slushie, it's BOMB). Cam home, I was so tired I took a nap after talking to my Son, sister, niece and close friend, (all the love). I woke up ate some more, and then oh my God, my stomach was queasy (hey that's what they call my son, queezy, maybe he's behind all of this, hmmm maybe a conspiracy.) and every thang came back up, so does the ain't nausea medicine really work, because I took more when I got home. Maybe my body just has to get use to it....


I will keep you posted..

Smooches

Ms. Miko




Please Men and Women go get check, cancer knows no color, age or race.

www.breastcancersite.com click to give free mammograms to women in need.


5 comments:

  1. Good stuff.. stop being mean to that man!

    and I like sonic but not lemons.. .glad folks showed you love Miko.

    peace

    ReplyDelete
  2. You held up great, and you were just as fabulous leaving out as you were coming in. This is the beginning but I have no doubts that you will flourish through the end.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ms. Miko,

    This is Ms. Jackie - I have to tell you to your face and on this web site, so all who visit will know that I am SOOOOOOO VERYYYYYY PROUD of YOU. I know that this journey was not of your choosing but I also know without a SHADOW OF DOUBT that YOU WILL WALK THIS JOURNEY with all the power of Heaven backing you and we that love you will be right by your side. My daughter I can hardly wait to see you at the end of this journey when the sign says Ms. Miko, you have arrived. Love you and I am and will continue to pray for you and your family. Where your shoes Girl.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Ms. Jackie (Jackie to Jackie) I too am very proud of you Ms. Miko!! I often think what if I got real sick, being here in this town with no family, what would I do. I wonder if I would be as strong...accept ALL THE LOVE you can get and lean on that man of yours, he loves you!! talk soon, J.

    ReplyDelete