Saturday, April 25, 2009

TODAY!!!

Well today is the only day I stayed awake, since I had my Chemo treatment on Tues. April 21. And this is some BS. They have me taking 3 different medicines, 2 (Ondansetron and Prochlorperazine) for nausea and vomiting and 1 (Dexamethasone) that says to treat severe allergies, arthritis, asthma and skin conditions, (which I don't have any of these symptoms, so why do I need it....hmmmmm).

I have been taking these medicines as directed by my doctor, but when I take them I can't seem to do nothing but sleep. Whassup with that. I swear I feel like I am going to get bed sores or something. How am I suppose to take care of my daughter if I'm sleeping all day? How can I get anything done? So today I decided not to take any of the medicines prescribed, and I feel fine, no nausea, and I did eat. I'm not sleepy, well not as sleepy, just a little tired. I could have used a nap, but I'm going to stay up all day, I'm grown damnit!!!!

I'm not taking this medicine unless I feel like I may vomit. I can't stay in the bed like that, it's enough I have cancer, do I have to be a walking zombie too, hell naw. I'm way to Fabulous for that. As long as I can talk to God, and he is still blessing me, I will be good. I will get through this, I will survive, I will conquer this. I'm highly favored and loved by many.


Smooches
Miko

1 comment:

  1. Check with your doctor and tell him/her how you feel about the medicine and how it makes you sleep. It may be for a reason...your body needs plenty of rest to rejuvinate good bone marrow and blood cells, so be sure to mention it to the doctor, don't just STOP taking them.

    ReplyDelete