Saturday, October 24, 2009

3 more Radiation Treatments...

Whew I will be done with my Radiation treatments on Wed, Nov. 28, 2009...Hallelujah!

I'm so glad, it's not that it hurt, the actual treatment doesn't hurt at all..it's like having an x-ray done. Matter of fact sometimes they give me an x-ray with the same machine...but what I'm tired of is, I have been going every day Mon-Fri at 9:45 for 6 weeks now..it's just tiring...

Also my skin...whew where do I start...my skin is charred, literally, the whole left side of my chest wall and under my arm (my armpit) just charred especially my arm pit..I was going to post a pic for you to see, but my husband has mixed feelings about it, because even though I don't have breast, it's still an intimate part of me, so I will respect his wishes and not post them...

OK so they told me it would burn over time...they said it would be kinda like a sun burn, but I've never been sun burned...so I really didn't know what to expect, but I didn't expect this, and on top of the charred skin, it's starting to peel, and the skin that is peeling off is all soft and gooey..and just black...

But all and all I'm an truly blessed to be able to share my story with people. I could have been dead, like many others before me and there will be many after me who has/or will have this deadly disease...

So even though I complain I thank God everyday for his Grace and Mercy....

Remember please do your self exams, not because it's Breast Cancer Awareness Month, do it because it can save your life...

Talk about Breast Cancer and Raise Awareness..

www.thebreastcancersite.com
please visit and click the pink button to fund free mammograms to women in need.

www.cancer.org
http://ww5.komen.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment