Monday, October 5, 2009

My daughter's Class

Since I've been off work, I've been going to the school and helping out in my daughter's class. She's in the first grade, and these kids are....well let me say interesting. And teachers are very wonderful people and they should get paid much, much more. Not only are they really patient, but they are basically shaping our kids and their future. I know I couldn't do what they do.

So I'm at the school and the kids are not really bad, they are just busy, very busy, especially at this age. I told them they could call me Ms. Tamiko, and I swear every time I go there, this little boy named Ethan says "Hey Lady, what's your name" or "Hey lady is your name Ms. Tamiko" and I know he remembers he's 6. Then there's Katie, she is so loud, all the time. My daughter is always calling me asking me to help her, like I'm the teacher.

On this one day they were writing and coloring in there Journal. When they get finished they had to put the Journals on the shelf behind me. So because the shelf was behind me they started to show me their journals before putting them on the shelf. They had only written on 3 pages so it was cool. It was going well, I was looking at the journals and saying, oh how cute, or this is beautiful you know things of that nature. Then here comes Luke, he colored one of his pages green, and I had on a green shirt, so I said this is the same color that I have on. He said "I didn't know I was coloring you"...lol

I am going to miss them when I go back to work in Nov. but until then I will enjoy the little people..

No comments:

Post a Comment