Sunday, June 7, 2009

So yesterday I was at a wedding....

.....that started an hour late, and when it did start. All I can say is WOW, I've been to a lot of weddings but nothing like this.

Anyways

While I'm sitting in the Church my phone rings, (yes it was on vibrate). And yes I answered it, I mean the wedding hadn't started. And the Ghetto guest were doing everything else.lol. I answered it and it was my clinic on a Saturday, talking about the blood culture they took on Tuesday, while I was at chemo, came back positive for bacteria. (WTF are you serious) And they wanted me to go to the Urgent care/after hours clinic to give yet another blood sample. Now mind you I am in north Minneapolis and I don't know the area not even a little bit. I tell the nurse that, but she starts to tell me about clinics in the area I can go to. I tell her I'm not familiar with the area, but she makes it seem like I need to get it done right now, she's asking me how do I feel. I'm thinking I just told you I'm at a wedding so wouldn't you think I feel fine. She asked if I had a fever (cause I had one the morning of chemo) I'm like NO! So now I'm in a panic, the church doors are closed the wedding is about to finally start. I made a decision to wait until the wedding was over and then I would try to find the clinic before the reception.

Now after the praise and worship session, the 3 soloist, the praise dancers, the 16 bridesmaids, the 14 groomsmen, the 6 flower girls, and the 2 bell ringers, along with the nuptials, 45 minutes later the wedding is over.

I leave the church, get in my car and my phone rings again, now it's my actual Doctor. She asks how I'm doing. I tell her the same thing I told the nurse, I was at a wedding. She then tells me the same thing the nurse said, but she is more calm and tells me I can either get it done then or wait until the next day. (why in the hell did the nurse act like it was so damn urgent). So after talking to her I head to the reception, and all I can say is WOW again. Let me just say the bride is from Louisiana, and it was Mardi Gras all over the place, I'm talking beads, and mask and everything.

2 comments: