Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Easter Sunday

This is a 2 part post....



Part One

How was you Easter? Mine was fine. We went to church, along with Everybody else in Minnesota (but that's part two of the post). My Pastor did his thang as usual. Our church is Shiloh Missionary Baptist Church, where the Rev. Steven Daniels Jr. is the Pastor. (my church plug)....So my daughter and my niece looked precious. Their Easter baskets were homemade, so that means they had way to much junk in them, definitely would have save money if we bought them, but anyways. So my question is, do we really know what the meaning of Easter is? I'm not sure I know that meaning, maybe someone can help me out, so I can let my daughter know. Shoot my son is 18 and I don't even know if he knows, but I'm going to ask him. I mean why do we spend all this money on Easter eggs, Easter baskets and new clothes, when Easter is not even about us. Huh?







Well why you ponder on that here are some pics of the kids, My princess is in the Pink.












Part two:

So I'm reading another blog that I read frequently, and she has a post about the people who only come to church on Easter. She said the people who only come to church on Easter should just stay home, apparently she was upset because they sat in her seat, and took all the good spaces in the parking lot. Now I don't know about you, but I thought that was God's house and anybody who wanted to come should come. Don't' get me wrong I make sure I'm on time on Easter for the same reasons, but to tell them to stay home. Come on that ain't even yo house...lol.

3 comments:

  1. Ha! At her telling those folks to stay home.. I feel what she saying, but I'm sure she was joking around. lol

    Your daughter was the cutest that day eh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at Ms. Adria she looks so cute. Well you know where I was my home away from home lol. Yes it was full of folks who oly come on Holidays but I pray God do a work in them in to bring them out for more than just Easter Sunday. Easter Sunday is the day Christ rose from the dead it's a celebration of His life. 50 Day's after Easter came pentecost and that is when the Church was birthed in the Earth. The Holy Ghost was left for us on Good Friday when Christ actually died. Ok I answered it to the best of my abilities.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your baby is so tute!(lol)

    Anywho, I feel that whenever a person goes to church, is between them and God.Its always gotta be a first time to do everything. S

    Sometimes their 1st time is New Year's, Easter, Christmas or whichever holiday of their choice.sometimes this is their on visit of the year but, some of theses people visit more regularly or even join. Either way, who are we to judge let alone have the nerve to say, stay home?

    I hv recently heard some people say they not going because "it gonna b too crowded"...thats no excuse either but again..Who am i to judge, right?

    ReplyDelete