Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Some Things should not be Abbreviated

I'm at work today, you know working, I mean that is what they pay me for. Then I get this email pop-up at the bottom of my computer screen from the Human Resources Dept. It reads "Request INC000002516609 generated: STD - Tamiko Edwards‏". I'm like WTF, who generated a damn STD, and why is it for ME! And who would tell Human Resources about it. So at this point I have a puzzled look on my face. My work neighbor asks "What's wrong". I'm like these people tripping, I ain't got not damn STD so now he confused. I continue reading and then I start laughing, because STD stands for Short term Disability. Now why in the hell couldn't they just write that out! I mean really when it was typed out, nobody thought to say, "Um maybe we shouldn't abbreviated that"!

3 comments:

  1. LOL You are amazing. Where are you working these days? irenebriseno@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. SHAWNDRA MILLER4/19/09, 8:33 PM

    THATS THE DUMBEST THING EVER. YEA THEY SHOULDNT ABBREVIATE ALOT OF THINGS.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG, DAT STD STUF MD ME LMAO!.... :-)

    ReplyDelete