Thursday, April 16, 2009

Mr. err President Obama!

Last night my husband and I was watching the local news. The story way about people calling the President, Mr. Obama and not President Obama. It hadn't really dawned on me until I heard them say it. I mean I always call hin President, that is who he is, right or wrong?

So why are people calling him Mr. Obama, is it lack of respect. What about the people who neglect to say Mr. or President and just say Obama. This is what really bothers me, people still refer to Bush as President, and even Clinton, and he hasn't been in office for 8 yrs. Even older Presidents gets the respect of the title, like Carter, Regan even Nixon and he was impeached. So what does President Obama have to do to get the respect that he deserves?

Think about it, we call teachers Mr. So in so (or Mrs. So in So). We even call friends Mr. So in So (or Mrs.) at least I do, and sometimes strangers. So why is the President getting the same level of respect that we give, friends and strangers. He's definitely not your friend, (because if you were that close to the first family, you might not be reading this little ole blog).

What is your take on this, is it disrespectful to call him Mr. Obama and not President Obama?

No comments:

Post a Comment