Friday, August 21, 2009

The Next Step

I have a Dr.s appointment on Tues 8/26/09 to get a check up and hopefully get these drain tubes removed. (I'm so looking forward to that).

What I know so far is, that the Dr. is going to let me heal for about an month or so. Then after that I have to go to radiation. Apparently I have to have 30 treatments of radiation. I will be going Monday - Friday about 20 to 30 minutes a day for 6 weeks. As far as I know it won't make me sick, but from what I heard, it will burn my skin kinda like a sunburn. So really not looking forward to that. But I plan on handling it like a champ.

Since I have to have radiation that will delay my reconstruction surgery. (I'm kinda bummed out about that). My Dr says that I need to wait 6 - 12 months before I can get reconstruction. Because if I get it before radiation, the radiation could damage them, and we don't want that. So I will need to fully heal before they can go back and cut on me to do the reconstruction. So I will be without real breast for a while. But I'mma be okay!

My plan is to get reconstruction surgery in April 2010. I choose April because, it will a be a year from the time I was diagnosed.

On a good note, I've found out about these prosthetic breast called breast forms. I plan on getting some of them. apparently they have all sizes, shapes and colors. And they are life like. You can work out in them, swim in them and do anything you want. (a lot of drag queens use them...lol) They just stick on your chest, you put a specially made bra, and be on your way.

How much do they cost you ask. Roughly about 300.00 so I will be taking up a donation. But I will give it back when my insurance reimburse me..lol...

4 comments:

  1. terri d davis8/21/09, 8:42 PM

    i stayed up reading your whole blog munching on some cheetos. i couldn't believe that i was reading someone else's feelings. i soon realized that i was tearing up because i've felt and gone thru the same things. even with the family(sister) situation. i always have said that i am a soldier and warrior. without my BFF's, San Rush and Tara, i would have been lost. (only 4 a minute tho.) i love them dearly. they never left me wondering whether they would be there 4 me. be blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got $50 on it. lol lol I will bring it when I come Labor Day. And, if you can't give it back I ain't gon complain...love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad you are ok and I want you to know that you are insoiring so many woman with your situation. I am praying for you and if you really need help I am here. I know we all got a litle someting going on but where would we be without each other.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's cool that they have things like that. I got you if you need anything on it....Good luck with all your dr's appts.

    How is it going with mom out there?

    ReplyDelete