Thursday, September 3, 2009

Meet the Teacher

On Yesterday 09/2/09 my daughter and I went to meet her teacher (Daddy had to work). Her teacher's name is Mrs. House ( she looks like she should be married to Dr. House...lol) She seemed very nice, another parent described her as being Fabulous. And I thought we should get along fine cause I to am Fabulous..lol...

This is a new school she will be attending this year, which is predominately white. Her last school was opposite predominately black ( or brown as she says). And for those who don't know Ms. Adria, she is very smart, she was the class president of the kindergarten's last year, and her teacher said she was one of the smartest kindergarten's at the school, and her personality is vibrant, but she can be very shy..(she must get that from her Dad).

So I only have 2 concerns 1. Will she be to shy since she won't know anybody at first. and 2. How much (if any) racism will she have to face at this school? Now I know she will eventually come out of her shell, sooner or later. And when we went to the school she didn't really act shy. She talked to the teacher, and spoke to other people at the school with out a prob. And I'm praying that we don't have any racism, cause if we do...man oh man, I don't know if I can keep the ghetto girl in her place....Cause baby I promise they will see a side of me they don't want to....

So to try to keep everything in check I am going to make sure they know me by name. I am joining the PTA, and I will make regular visits to the school, and I don't plan on missing any school functions.

No comments:

Post a Comment